This is the place where the New Morning Musings are going to grow into the essay type, real thought, longer form posts that I love. I can't promise how often they'll be made available. But I'll do my best to create a quality over quantity atmosphere.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Power-girls vs. Geek-boy (via hotpinkgeek.com)

Here's a piece that I wrote for http://www.hotpinkgeek.com/ March 25th 2009... I liked it, it was fun to write.  And now that I may be even more of a geek than I was then, I think it's a good time to revisit the fun.

Original link to see the photo that goes with the piece and other awesome hot pink geek stuff from other hot pink writers. http://www.hotpinkgeek.com/power-girls-vs-geek-boy/483/#more-483

Enjoy!

Let me start by saying hello. I’m new to the geek community after many years spent in the closet. It’s nice to be out.

I’ve got a list in my head of female comic book and TV characters that could most certainly kick my ass in a fight. And it’s not because I wouldn’t hit a girl.

This list will by no means be complete and I invite all of you, including our own little geek squad to chime in.

Without further ado, check out my list after the jump!

Xena Warrior Princess – I’m not sure I need to give any explanation here, but why not. First of all, she’s huge. I’m not a little guy but she would tower over me. She’s also good with a sword, and I am not. She has a vicious war cry that would probably make me wet my pants. And she was in Playboy. Overall, it’s quite easy to see that Xena could dispose of me in short order.

Note: I do believe that I could take Gabrielle if push came to shove.

Wonder Woman – Another no doubter. She’s an Amazon princess for crying out loud. She’s bigger than Superman and defeated Ares, the God of War in her first ever mission. She’s not afraid to kill and she flies an invisible plane. I wouldn’t have a chance in hell of keeping up with her. She could give me one kick with those long uncovered legs of hers and send me flying through a brick wall. And I’m sorry to report that I don’t think I would survive being kicked through a brick wall.

Black Canary – This Justice Leaguer may not get a lot of press but she deserves it. Her only super power may be that crazy sonic cry but I don’t think she’d need to use it. She’s athletic, acrobatic, a skilled fighter and fierce lover. Her martial arts experience is above average and enough to make this geek boy lie down and say uncle. But the whole package is significant. My only chance would be to make her feel sorry for me and sweep her leg and kick her while she was down. And then remember to gag her so that she can’t use the scream.

There’s one more on today’s list. She is saved to last as suggested by my E-ve. I even got a text from her when I pitched the idea saying that this character could most certainly kick my butt.

Princess Adora, She-Ra: Princess of Power – Here’s another princess that packs a big punch. Twin sister of Prince Adam aka He-Man, Adora has superhuman strength and stamina which is tough to match up against. The princess also regularly outsmarts the bad guys, which means that she doesn’t even have to use violence. Last but not least she has the magic Sword of Protection. It’s a friggin’ magic sword that transforms her into She-Ra. I like to think that I’m not stupid, but a super powered princess with superior intellect and a magical sword is more than this geek thinks that he can handle.

So, that’s the list friends. As I said, there are most certainly more tough female characters out there that could take a round or two out of me. Let’s hear which power-girls you think could give you a run for your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment