This is the place where the New Morning Musings are going to grow into the essay type, real thought, longer form posts that I love. I can't promise how often they'll be made available. But I'll do my best to create a quality over quantity atmosphere.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

TV Entertainment That Fills My Time

It's been a while since we did some long form musing... So here we are.



And, because I'm home watching TV right now we're gonna muse about some awesome television entertainment.



As I've said too many times, I'm a sports guy, so hearing that the NHL Network and the rest of the Super Sports Pack are near the top of my must see TV list shouldn't be a shock to anyone. But here's why.



The NHL Network gives exclusive access to in game updates and highlights through their NHL on the Fly show. Every night they have a couple dudes that run down the night's action and tell me who has scored. That last part is important because it keeps me up to date on my fantasy league players. It also means that E-ve doesn't have to watch out of market games with me to see if Anze Kopitar and Joe Thorton have points in a Wednesday night game.



Next is Chuck. I've blushed and bragged and gone on and on about NBC's Monday night masterpiece. I love it. And this season is living up to all of the hype that the previous 2 have pumped up. The story lines have been tight, the characters have stayed but become more trimmed down and directed in their involvement whereas before things got a little messy with so much going on that wasn't Chuck/ spy related. The romantic story of Chuck and Sarah is amazing and makes me want to cheer for the geek the way I used cheer for Pacey.



NCIS is next. This is a show that I didn't watch at all for the first few seasons. And now here I am watching it on Showcase and Rogers On Demand and anywhere else I can find it. Gibbs is "The Man" and everyone else falls in line. At the beginning of the series the female agent on the team was Caitlin "Kate" Todd but she met an untimely end. (Also, it was the same actress that played Pacey's older sister. Just wanted to throw that in there.) CBS is doing a good job keeping things going on this detective show and makes me want to keep coming back. My only concern is the new NCIS: LA and the CSI syndrome. After CSI got Miami and New York the original just wasn't the same. I hope that doesn't happen to Jethro and his gang.



I'm also still a junkie for the Family Channel, though not as much as I used to be. I can still sit down and watch Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide and Suite Life and Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place but that's about it. Raven and the spin-off and a bunch of the other shows have gone way down hill. I've always just figured I watch these shows to grasp at some sort of childhood gone by. But maybe it's just good entertainment.



Last one we'll hit on today is my fav from the Food Network. Dinners, Drive-ins and Dives rocks my world and makes me hungry. I love the places Guy goes to. The food that he tastes and the feel of the whole thing. There are no suits and ties and reservations. No 5 stars and such. Just good, freshly made, tasty, sometimes greasy, good food. What's not to love about all about this stuff? Plus Guy is funny and makes me smile. A good host is a great plus. And the Food Network certainly picked a good dude to host their show.



There ya have it kids. Just some of the stuff that I spend my free time watching on my crappy old TV. Maybe you'll enjoy some of it too.



Like wham!

No comments:

Post a Comment