This is the place where the New Morning Musings are going to grow into the essay type, real thought, longer form posts that I love. I can't promise how often they'll be made available. But I'll do my best to create a quality over quantity atmosphere.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Sonya Watson Presents: Providence - And I Dig It! Guest Post

Guest post from Joshua Murray at The Review Are In.




In the aftermath of World War III between two unlikely forces, the human race and the animal kingdom, a new world order has been established. In Sonya Watson’s Providence this new world is created and explored.
The first book in a series of three, Providence is a post-apocalyptic, mutli-dimensional journey that follows the mission of two seemingly fated warriors looking to save their people and the world.
Ms. Watson has hit the ground running with her first novel. Her courage to introduce a universe to her readers is matched by her ability. She deftly gives us characters – human, animal and otherwise – that grow throughout the novel.
Providence was completed in 2008 and originally published in 2009 and now it is starting to pick up steam. Available in paperback ($12.95 CDN) and e-book (starting at $2.99 CDN), Providence is a read that will keep you involved with the characters on their mission and invested in the universe created. The twists and turns throughout the story keep things from getting predictable without getting readers lost in space or time. It is a delicate balance which Ms. Watson achieves wonderfully.
The largest question asked in Providence translates to the real world with ease -> Are we all fated to an end or are we subjects of free will and the results of our decisions?
Not to be overlooked in the story are the tales of love and sacrifice told throughout. Can two warriors from different sides find trust, respect and honour? Can two beings from different planes of existence overcome the obstacles before them to keep their love alive?
More than anything Providence helped me to realise that the art of written story-telling is not dead. It is very much alive and growing in young authors like Sonya Watson. It is often too easy to ignore books with the easy access of PVR’d programming, On Demand services, Podcasts and blogs. And while I love those sources of entertainment, I also value and love the genius of a well crafted story.
Now, I’m not in the business of giving away plot lines and endings. And I’m not going to start now. What I will tell you is this – I read this book quickly. The deeper I got the faster I went. And when I got to the end and read page one of book two in the series I started wishing that Sonya Watson had it on shelves and online now.
Providence is available now and for more information from the author and to learn more about Sonya Watson’s upcoming projects check out clearwaternovels.com
Stay awesome friends – I know you can do it!
To find links for Providence in ebook form click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment